We have created an inspiring and homely space for children to investigate, discover and explore and to develop their curious minds. We understand that no two children are the same and they all have their own interests and needs. Our passionate and caring staff endeavour to work with you to meet your own child’s individual requirements.
Your child’s happiness is at the forefront when they are with us and ensuring a smooth transition and a settled environment means that your child is content and has fun.
We provide excellent opportunities for partnership with parents through parents evenings and regular ‘Stay and Play’ sessions.
Please feel free to call us to arrange a visit or to find out more information.
We look forward to meeting yo...
Kirsty Tinsley, Nursery Manager
Come with us and see what it is like in our Nursery. Explore the different rooms and look at what we get up to and all the fun we have!
On the 18th December 2017 we had a routine inspection, and we are extremely proud and pleased to be able to confirm that Ofsted have rated us outstanding in all areas!
Recently we were visited by Stoke-On-Trent City Council Environmental Health for our annual food hygiene check. We are very pleased to confirm that once again we have been awarded a 5 - very good which is the highest rating possible!
Our cook Cheryl prides herself in a clean kitchen with hygenic practices and faultless record keeping, all along side cooking delicious and nutrious food for the children.
The Environmental Health inspector credited Cheryl as an asset and we think so too!! ❤️
The Orange Tree Day nursery at Stoke on Trent has undergone a complete refurbishment, feel welcome to visit us and view our new spaces.
- Beautiful New Baby Suite that offers a tranquil environment where your baby can explore and will be nutured by our highly skilled practitioners.
- 2-3's Room where our children enjoy days full of fun whilst learning.
- Our Pre-School Unit has a newly developed IT suite, and children are encouraged to choose from a vast amount of resources, activities and learning opportunities available to them. Children are encouraged to become independent and to be kind and sensitive to thier friends.
The nursery has 2 and 3 year funded places available.
Our beautiful Baby Suite is a place of peace and tranquillity where your baby will be treasured and nurtured by passionate highly skilled practitioners. Babies are constantly stimulated with music and singing, sensory experiences and heuristic play.
Babies have their own protected out door space where they can play in the fresh air whilst watching the older children at play.
Our cook provides healthy nutritious meals which are planned carefully to specifically meet our babies dietary needs.
Our Pre-School is led by a qualified teacher, activities are planned to incorporate play led learning whilst continuing to focus on your child's emotional needs. We strive to encourage your child to develop confidence, independence and to be sociable and happy. Skills that will enable them to ask questions, find the answers and have the ability to manage future challenges. Our low 1:8 staff ratios will ensure your child has one to one adult attention should they require support. By capturing your child's interest and enthusiasm together we will see them flourish.
Our IT Suite encourages children to develop skills and a sound understanding of how to use technology and gadgets.
Our Nursery is blessed with an amazing outdoor space which provides fantastic learning and challenging opportunities to our children. Children enjoy being outdoors in all weather, they enjoy building snowmen in the Winter, sweeping and collecting leaves in the Autumn and picnics and sports days in the Spring and Summer.
Children learn about their environment, bird watching, nature trails, and growing their own vegetables.
Equipment provides physical challenge and our 1st Ball Sport sessions promote their gross motor skills and co-ordination.
We all know that childcare doesn't stop when your child goes to school and it can be necessary to arrange care for them before and/or after school and also in the holidays when you still have to work.
Our out of school areas have been designed specifically for children who attend school and when school is out can relax with friends, take part in some fun activities and enjoy trips to places of interest. Children are able to access our amazing outdoor space at all times.
We offer breakfast club from 7:30am and then take the children safely to school. After school we will collect your child and provide their tea. Our holiday club is available for various sessions including mornings, afternoons, full days, short days or full weeks to suit your requirements.
During the school Summer Holidays we run Stay & Play sessions from 10am to 12 midday for children aged 6 months to 3 years old.
It’s a great way for children to mix with others in the community and play with lots of toys, it also gets parents out of the house and allows you to mingle with other parents and carers.
Activities include: the Sand Pit, Play Doh, Sticking, Sing Songs, Building Blocks, Toy Cars & Dinosaurs, Natural Musical Instruments, Cultural Story Books, and much more!!
Light refreshments will be available; such as apple, banana, apple juice and water.
Please contact us for more information, or just turn up on the day.
The nursery is located in a beautiful setting where children can experience amazing outdoor challenges with opportunities to explore and learn about nature and the environment in which they live. The nursery is easily accessible from the A500 on the main A52 Hartshill Road next to 'Our Lady of the Angels and Saint Peter in Chains' church. The nursery provides a private car park area for safe drop off and collection of children.
Ofsted say our nursery is 'OUTSTANDING' in all areas.
This is just a snippet of what Ofsted said about us:-
- Children make exceptionally high rates of progress in this outstanding nursery and their behaviour is exemplary. Teaching is inspirational and worthy of dissemination to others
- The extremely experienced and passionate provider has a meticulous vision for her nursery. The whole staff team shares her enthusiasm for providing the best-possible care for children.
- Since the last inspection, staff's partnerships with parents have gone from strength to strength. They have developed highly innovative ways to help involve parents in their children's development, both at home and in the nursery.
- The provider and staff have developed first-class learning environments indoors and outdoors. Children who staff identify as preferring to learn outside have access to consistently excellent learning opportunities in the garden.
- The arrangements for when children start at the nursery, move to the next base room and on to school are exceptionally well organised by staff. This helps every child to feel confident in their new surroundings and be familiar with staff and teachers.
- Managers use all feedback from children, parents and staff to prioritise improvements and raise standards even further. For example, each day children record if they have a good day or not, through a smiley face system. Staff discuss them with the children and reflect on this to work out how to make the next day even better for them.
There is lots happening at our nurseries - for both existing members of our family and for new ones. Why not take a peek at what's happening?